If you are a high school student interested in pursuing a degree in art, be sure to attend the Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) Portfolio Day 2012 on Saturday, Nov. 10, from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 350 S. Donaghey Ave. in Conway.
Portfolio Day gives Arkansas’s high school students interested in pursuing an art-related post-secondary education the opportunity to meet with representatives from colleges and universities with art programs throughout the state and region.
Students should bring 10 to 15 pieces of their best work (photos of larger pieces) and be prepared to discuss their techniques, media choices and creative processes. Students may visit with as many representatives as they choose to learn about their art programs and available scholarships.
Students are also invited to tour the AETN facilities and learn about the THEA Foundation and its scholarship opportunities.
Confirmed Colleges and Universities that will have representatives at Portfolio Day 2012 include:
- Arkansas State University – Beebe
- Arkansas Tech University
- Harding University
- Henderson State University
- Hendrix College
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Lyon College
- Memphis College of Art
- New Design School in Fayetteville
- Pulaski Technical College
- Ouachita Baptist University
- THEA Foundation
- University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- University of Central Arkansas
- University of the Ozarks, Clarksville
AETN staff will be on hand to conduct facility tours, including video editing suites, throughout the day. Information will also be available on the THEA Foundation and the scholarships it provides. Parents and teachers are invited, but not required to attend.
For more information about Portfolio Day 2012, please call 800-662-2386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.